The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!

Go down 
+3
smellody
barnbuilder
pacifichrono
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Empty
PostSubject: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:32 pm

I was on the phone late this morning when the doorbell rang. Almost dropped the phone when I saw the mailman juggling FIVE (5) packages for me!

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! 0-pkgs

The cleaning lady was here and I had to run out to a lunch appointment so they just sat there for a few hours. After the cleaning lady left around 3:30, I opened them and here's what I came up with:

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! 0-unpkgs

Gotta tell you, foreign sellers will find the most convoluted ways to pack a watch - - any way except the 'right' way!

I have them all lined up on my desk for accuracy checks, but here are my first impressions:

As it turns out on close inspection, the Bulova is actually a relatively modern quartz model. Mad

From Bulgaria, I received that FANTASTIC Sekonda Strela, which appears to be in pristine condition. The movement is smooth as butter, too, and the chrono functions work great! Very Happy

The Oris is very nice - - the cushion case is exquisitely designed and maintained. It's running a 1970s Oris 25-jewel cal. 648 automatic, and is wearing a period-correct rolled-steel bracelet. Smile

The Hamilton is quite nice, but I'll need to give it a little TLC before it's in "excellent" condition. Cool

The Bundeswehr homage from Wilson is a Limited Edition (10/50) that's in perfect condition other than swirls on the caseback from straps. It runs a "high-end" decorated Sea-Gull mechanical chronograph, based on the vintage Venus I believe. My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! 933578

Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 pm

all cool looking watches!
Hard to find one I like better, maybe the Hamilton Strela and Wilson, great dials on all
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 am

Awesome Tom!!!! I really like the Bulova's style. I would never have guessed it was quartz.

Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 am

Jeeze Man - You got it bad. Bought that Bulova for my Mother In-Law, easy to see, nice little watch. Of course you know I love that Strela - still don't have one yet. Nice Haul, I like 'em all.

Speaking of foreign packing. My Pleamar came from Spain completely encased in tape with pen marks on each side as to thwart/expose any tampering. Creative huh? scratch I was worried the DEA would arrive with it.

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Scaled.php?server=822&filename=imagen0168yMy INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Scaled.php?server=714&filename=imagen0171f
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:01 am

jaw wrote:
Jeeze Man - You got it bad. Bought that Bulova for my Mother In-Law, easy to see, nice little watch. Of course you know I love that Strela - still don't have one yet. Nice Haul, I like 'em all.

Speaking of foreign packing. My Pleamar came from Spain completely encased in tape with pen marks on each side as to thwart/expose any tampering. Creative huh? scratch I was worried the DEA would arrive with it.

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Scaled.php?server=822&filename=imagen0168yMy INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Scaled.php?server=714&filename=imagen0171f
Let me guess: after ten minutes of cutting and wrestling with all that tape, you found it was surrounding a plastic or tin box, with its own tape keeping it shut. After opening the box, you found that the watch, wrapped up in a couple paper napkins and surrounded by pea-sized styrofoam balls that spilled all over your floor, was quadruple-taped to the bottom of the box with packing tape.

I see a lot of those. IDIOTS! My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! 832207
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:04 am

Yup - you got it.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 am

Great bunch o' watches!!

I had that same Bulova...it's called a commemorative hack watch...they made 3 of them, a LE (which I still have) and the one you have and an all black model.

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Tom, you have outdone yourself here ! cheers Any one watch by itself would be a
SPECTACULAR edition to a collection. However, having them all at once has to
just THE best. All you have to do is go on to various vintage watch websites, or
on to ebay, and you will see these classics sir. So to have them all in one place
like this is very special. Congratulations !!! Very Happy The Bulova by itself with the look
of those hands, and numbers is out of this world. It's such a memorable look,
and you can just see the care, along with quality that went into the entire watch.
What A CASE, and how about that look with the nato. Yowza ! ..That Oris is
syunning as well Tom. REALLY like THAT case shape there as well. It looks like
it is going to be round, and then becomes almost completely square. Also enjoy
how those markers are done. VERY sporty, but still nice, and classy. Beautiful
bracelet, along with crystal with that one TOO ! ..Your vintage Hamilton here
is excellent also with it's streamlined case-shape, meeting up with the clean
dial. You just can't say enough about watches like this. It's vintage, but has
an almost furistic feel with how it all comes together so perfectly. Wow ! Smile
Staying with the "wow" theme..how about your Sekonda ! This watch does
it ALL ! ..The dial is like an adventure with it's incredible markers, markings,
hands, and sub-dials. The thinness of the case let's you really enjoy the dial
more also. THIS one is off the charts ! Last, but definitely not least, the Wilson
really impresses you with that cool balck bezel, and dial combination. It shows
off the numbers so well, and lets you enjoy the hands while being both classic,
and modern looking. Love that finish on the case, and how it works with the
nato as well. Congrats on all of these Tom !!! ..Keep enjoying !

Spectacular watches, as well as pics as always !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Some people get a new watch. You get a collection!!

Congratulations. Enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!   My INCOMING took a BIG hit today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My INCOMING took a BIG hit today!
Page 1 of 1