The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tubes, coming soon . . .

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Tubes, coming soon . . . Empty
PostSubject: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:31 pm

. . . in Deep Blue divers.

http://www.deepbluewatches.com/daynight.html

. . . . no price.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Day/Night Ops looks interesting!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:51 pm

andrema wrote:
Day/Night Ops looks interesting!

Tubes, coming soon . . . Yhst-11234668104341_2092_44428640

MmmmHmmmm...

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Tubes look great at night but i'm old school, like my lume painted on the dial! Just think it's a much cleaner look!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:09 pm

. . . tubes intrigue me. Have never owned any. Dig the blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Owned some tubes, got bored, sold the watch, happier.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:14 pm

I have a Ball from Dad that has Tubes. Not so much. A bit dim for my liking.

I'm with Trevor. Paint it on thick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:15 pm

. . . dim??? I thought htey were supposed to be BRIGHT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Loved my Luminox tubes!
Tubes, coming soon . . . DSC04689

Limits the hand design though, something I'm big on.

cool link, THX!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

randyswagon wrote:
Both watches that I had were on the dim side...always on, no charging, but dim.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:02 pm

andrema wrote:
randyswagon wrote:
Both watches that I had were on the dim side...always on, no charging, but dim.

I just sold my Quadrum, would have to agree..

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:10 pm

I bought a Luminox for my son...wasn't impressed with its glow....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Dim? Hmm, I can easily see my Ball from across the room at night, all night, never fades. My drive-all-night watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 pm

I had an older luminox you could read by. Very disappointing news. I was hoping since this has a Miyota 8215 it would be a good affordable automatic with tritium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:28 pm

It's a cool looking watch. I have never had a watch with tubes and I thought I'd like one but,
not if it isn't any better than painted on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Duker wrote:
It's a cool looking watch. I have never had a watch with tubes and I thought I'd like one but,
not if it isn't any better than painted on.

I'm with you man. The blue glow is kinda cool though. I have a Citizen nighthawk that has pretty bright paint that glows blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm

I don't find my Traser to be dim, they don't glow like C3 SL but very visible once your eyes adjust to the dark.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Hey this Deep Blue is going to be REAL cool ! Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_cool
It's great when companies add more options to
a line-up. Tritium tubes are definitely a neat
upgrade. Thanks for the link Randy !..Someone
needs to tell MR. Noob about these , he likes the
tube theme ! Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:05 am

i am definitley digging the ops version, like the case style and the bracelet, looking forward to the price and more pics of the watch....

as far as the tubes, they are not as bright as superlumi or seiko lume, but the appeal is that they do not need a charge or a light source to keep the lume, you could stick it in a drawer for a year, pull it out and turn the lights off , and the watch will be glowing.........wich is still cool in my book........i am more concerened about the price of this watch......if its in the $300 or less range, i will bite, any more than that and ill pass...........
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am

falcon4311 wrote:
I don't find my Traser to be dim, they don't glow like C3 SL but very visible once your eyes adjust to the dark.

This.

I have and have had a number of watches with tubes and I believe it is the way they are set in the dial on some watches that make them appear dimmer. Some Lumis you can read by, others not so much.

Damn, that Ops looks sweet. Im in a NBZ until I get on the stick and sell a few of my rarely worn jewels but if the price is right it may be my first of 2010.

Dont kill me for this but I wish a quartz option was available. I prefer quartz divers.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 am

...I totally forgot about my Marathon GSAR! The tubes are pretty good!

Tubes, coming soon . . . DSC07148
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I like how tubes look, not as bright as super luminova but definitely bright enough to see the time.
Tubes, coming soon . . . TraserLume004
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 pm

randyswagon wrote:

Nope, on 100% of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 pm

andrema wrote:
...I totally forgot about my Marathon GSAR! The tubes are pretty good!

Tubes, coming soon . . . DSC07148

If you "totally forgot" about it then you must send it to me as you obviously don't appreciate it the way it should be appreciated!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 am

at first I liked it, but seems to be another rip off

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?product=200-meter-divers-watch&PIN=70911&GUID=2B48136D-554C-4ED3-8FCC-2C519A7F38A3&BC=S&DL=SEH14

Information about price from WUS:

Moar infos:

-Bracelet: 22mm
-Price "hopefully 399" affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

maybe my post will help on this, maybe not.A few years ago another company put out a dive watch with tritium tubes to compete with the marathon tsar.while the photos looked great, what people got was junk.the tubes weren't made by mb microtec.the tubes on this other model were about dead.The rest of the watch was really bad.heres my marathon with a short exposure.
Tubes, coming soon . . . Gsarn-7-1
this is a luminox
Tubes, coming soon . . . DSC_0010l
Tubes, coming soon . . . Tag11
these use mb microtec.while not really bright, at 3am these are very visible.I like watches with luminova like most others do but after 4 hours they aren't luming.
theres another company that makes these tubes.I'll look them up but they aren't good at all.if deep blue is using mb microtec then it should be good.if hes using the chinese company to do this watch including the tubes, then it might end up being pretty bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . OK, is this the same watch???

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?product=200-meter-divers-watch&PIN=70911&GUID=2B48136D-554C-4ED3-8FCC-2C519A7F38A3&BC=S&DL=SEH14

. . . for $179???? Thanks for the link Camo . . . .
Same as the Marathon...it looks similar (exact layout for dial and hands), but no.

The bezel and insert are different, the case is a little different and the bracelet is slightly different.

They were clearly looking to make a knock off of the GSAR!

Here are some photos for comparison:

Tubes, coming soon . . . DSC06610-1-2
Tubes, coming soon . . . Gsar_k10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Tubes, coming soon . . . Yhst-11234668104341_2092_43472887

Tubes, coming soon . . . Gsar_k10

. . . nope, not the same at all. But i think Sean is onto the deal with it though. Chinese stuff. Probably be a shitload of tube watches coming to a retailer near you soon . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tubes, coming soon . . .   Tubes, coming soon . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tubes, coming soon . . .
Page 1 of 1