The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do YOU know about ORSA watches?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Empty
PostSubject: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Let's hear it!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:15 pm

I like a few of their earlier models. Don't know too much about the company history or any other dirty details.

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Their first model with the swiss eta movement and great lume was a nice piece! I had a monstrum and it was..... well lets just say it wasnt all that!! Bezel action sucked, crown action sucked and the lume sucked too! Almost forgot the horrible domed crystal that you couldnt read the dial, only you looked straight down on it! Blasted case wit a thick polished bezel looked a little off too!

first pic is with a rubber strap off a Tissot SeaStar1000

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 100_1644

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 100_1319

cool caseback and that was about it..

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 100_1318

Last edited by cali kid on Wed May 05, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm

I have one of each color variation of the original orsas.45mm,15.5mm in height,50mm lug to lug and 22mm lugs.
For those,the orange colored bezel had a bleed through problem.They put the enamel over bare metal instead of putting a neutral base under it
1st.They used eta 2824 movements.Solid crowns,decent bezel action.Only 50 of each color.
What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Orsa-004
What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Orsa3
What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Orsa-strap-020

I bought one of the monstrums and found them to be very cheap.miyota 8215,which was a good choice but the case wasn't good,
the protruding lug tubes would fall off,the bezel felt like plastic and didn't line up,and the domes crystal was totally distorted
and unreadable.I took a hammer to it.Then he made some small quartz versions and for the money,they were worth it.
As far as the new orsa? no idea other than my opinion about how it looks.kind of clownish with the colors chosen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:34 pm

The 3T Orsa, to death do we part!! How could you sell that watch, you had know right even though you paid for it with your own funds!!! What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 252943 that most have been the beginnning of the end!! What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 933578
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:55 pm

So basically another, older, micro brand...

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Don't know as much as Trevor and Sean (Nice watches guys). What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 803574
However, I always liked the dials on their watches. The case-backs
DO look great also. The Monstrum and Sea Anglers looked good
to me, and the new Sea Viper looks NICE as well. Especially with
the 50 per color in blue, black and orange theme. Along with
2824-2 movement and 500m water resistance they seem
very impressive for the price. Plus they do look different then
alot of what's out there imho !

http://www.orsawatchco.com/home.html

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:04 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Don't know as much as Trevor and Sean (Nice watches guys). What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 803574

[url=http://www.orsawatchco.com/home.html
http://www.orsawatchco.com/home.html[/quote[/url]]

Nothing wrong with buying one just for a cool caseback.I've done that afew times.lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:02 am

[quote="yamahaki"]
AtomicTom wrote:

http://www.orsawatchco.com/home.html[/quote]

Nothing wrong with buying one just for a cool caseback.I've done that afew times.lol

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Lol Maybe I'll try that out Sean ! Sometimes those case backs are even better than the dials ! What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_smile

Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:19 am

The Sea Angler is my favorite Orsa and for some reason I like quartz in my dive watches so this one. Plan to pick one up with a 2824 if one ever becomes available at the right time. Caseback is the all time best IMHO.

Very early quartz models were nice and highly sought after. Never owned a Monstrum.

I have 2 of the Military models and its a great go to watch when I cant make up my mind.

Havent made up my mind on the Vipers yet.

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Orsawristdunns

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Orsadooface1

What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Saback
What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Orsaback1
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:40 am

Very cool Max!

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:39 am

Nice Orsa Max.I almost bought the quartz version since its the same case as the sea angler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Nice watches Max, think he hit the nail on the head with the Sea Angler in quartz or automatic. Always liked the military watches and he stayed true to the original of the time (vietnam war??), so what that means to me is they are way to small but a new watch for what 50 bucks on ebay! think he rushed the Monstrum and other than the caseback the watch was a failure. Dont have a problem with the miyota 8215 and i can see he wanted to make a less expensive dive watch but between the crystal and the crown issues ( seem he just made the movement fit in there and used a generic plastic movement holder that needed a bit of modifing, bezel play and lack of lume that the SA had. one plus was the fitted rubber strap that the SA didnt have but heard the screws came out of the solid rubber endlink and the rest of the rubber strap if you didnt tighten them all the time and if you lost one it took awhile to get a replacement! I sold mine to BigJoe and i'm sure it just sits in a watch box!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Tremendously NICE Sea Angler Max !!!! What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_biggrin What do YOU know about ORSA watches? 803574 Your picture
shows just how cool the watch actually is, and that dial is
extremely vibrant ! What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_smile I like how the ring around the markers
mirrors the look of the bezel too. It's REALLY great !..I didn't
know about that second one you are showing, the military
styled one ! That's terrific as well, and the size, along with
classy look is just right ! Also think that case back is EXTRA
cool. What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_cool What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_cool VERY nice looking Orsas sir !

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU know about ORSA watches?   What do YOU know about ORSA watches? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do YOU know about ORSA watches?
Page 1 of 1