The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:38 pm

I got this one for a gift for someone who works with us - http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=V91277&rap=2820&WT.mc_id=ciGB&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=V91277 - I got the silver and black MOP with the Japanese Miyota OS20 quartz chronograph

I got mine from Fractionprice when it was on sale for $59 daily deal so it seemed like a great deal.

When I got the watch I was very happy with the quality of the way it looked and felt. The movement seemed smooth enough and the person was really happy with the watch when I gave it to them.

Before giving it to them I checked the time it was keeping and it was very close to being right on, so no issues there either.

Thsi was my first experience with any Rotary watches.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:28 pm

I am rather disappointed in Rotary's direction. I recently sold a rotary mecanique that was swiss made. It had swiss 2804 mechanical 17 jewel movement in it. It was very nicely done and well worth what I paid. It may have been the last swiss mad/movement that they did and maybe it will be a collectors item..........should I have kept it? Oh well! Likelyhood is the company is financially stressed in these times. Maybe Survival of the fittest is something we will see more of in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:14 am

Docrwm wrote:
foghorn wrote:
The watches DO look good.
But apparently the "original" Rotary brand is no longer around and,as often happens,the name has been bought by a pretender who not only gets the name,but also the brands history,which is unrelated to the current product.
No wonder they are talked up on TV.

You mean sort of like Breitling?

Yawn...

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:59 am

Let's calm down fellas...

Keep this about WATCHES and not PEOPLE...

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:15 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
My apologies for my outburst last night. I guess once you get burned a few ties purchasing raw materials that are tainted to go into your product by the FDA you kind of get a little pissy. My problem is more to do with our own Government and how we let this continue without imposing sanctions. Sorry, back to watches, Alan, feel free to delete my posts if you wish I got off on Rant there.

No need to delete, we all get a BIT passionate about things sometimes...

Thanks for apologizing!

OTHER FORUMS: See, this is how you handle things and let grown men act like grown men all on their on!

Well done fellas!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:19 pm

cali kid wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
WatchNoob wrote:
My apologies for my outburst last night. I guess once you get burned a few ties purchasing raw materials that are tainted to go into your product by the FDA you kind of get a little pissy. My problem is more to do with our own Government and how we let this continue without imposing sanctions. Sorry, back to watches, Alan, feel free to delete my posts if you wish I got off on Rant there.

No need to delete, we all get a BIT passionate about things sometimes...

Thanks for apologizing!

OTHER FORUMS: See, this is how you handle things and let grown men act like grown men all on their on!

Well done fellas!

I would have banned everyone who posted in this thread just as a lesson for the rest of the membership and Christmas day would have been the perfect day to do so!! Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_geek Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_albino Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_clown Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_geek

Who let Meijin in?

LMAO!

See, even I am not immune to some nest poking... Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_twisted

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:01 pm

So are Omegas, Longines, Brequets and the like just fancy Swatches?

PostSubject: Re: Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?   Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Rotary now just a Chinese watch?
Page 1 of 1