The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?

Go down 
+8
andrema
Breez
ramirez1970
SynMike
jaw
Anomaly
TVDinner
TAZMAN64
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Empty
PostSubject: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

No hidden agenda here, I like both watches and I was just curious, if you had to pick one to own, which would it be and why? Yes, I know the PO is more expensive, but let's say you could afford either. Let's not get into usage of the watch either, just straight up everyday wear. Which one would you rather have in your collection?

Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? 51vkv40prklss5008380417 Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Watchseller209185021710
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 pm

PO hands down for me.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 pm

i like both watches also, so if it were me i would go with the omega po just because you can wear it with anything. you can dress it up or down. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 pm

I really like the Omega but I love the Sinn U1.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Unquestionably the Omega.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:58 pm

U1 for me...

...I almost bought the PO but it is VERY thin, think dress diver...guess that's why Bond wears it...

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:16 pm

PO of course
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 pm

PO!
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 pm

PO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Anomaly wrote:
U1 for me...

...I almost bought the PO but it is VERY thin, think dress diver...guess that's why Bond wears it...

Actually the PO (45mm) is just over 15mm in thickness and the Sinn U-1 is a little more than 14mm.
The case design of the Omega gives the impression that it is thinner but it isn't.
On a bracelet with 2 links removed they are both heavy watches but the edge , again, goes to the PO.

I owned both at one time but have since sold the Sinn.

So my choice is obvious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't have an Omega so I can't compare the two but love my Sinn and don't plan on selling it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Interesting input, thanks guys. I'm torn between the 2 personally.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I think the PO is much more versatile - can really be worn with just about anything and, with a WR of 500 meters, is definitely a capable dive watch with fantastic lume. The only real weakness, in my opinion, is the lack of microadjustments on the bracelet.

The U1 on the other hand is just cool. Unique style and crazy overengineering, WR to 1000 meters, and has, arguably, the best rubber strap, available. Only real complaint is the relatively weak lume.

Ultimately, I agree with Falcon. Really liked the PO but love (and want another) U1.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:13 pm

I am PO'ed that you would even ask me.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 pm

PO...all black though

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm wondering if some of you are just saying PO over Sinn due to brand recognition.... Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:19 pm

The PO is WR to 600m.
The only difference between 600 m and 1000 m is ,other than 400m, how hopelessly dead you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm

foghorn wrote:
The PO is WR to 600m.
The only difference between 600 m and 1000 m is ,other than 400m, how hopelessly dead you are.

lol, exactly, 300M is more than enough in my book. These watches that are 1000M and beyond are just a waste of money for me personally.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:50 pm

I like both...they are very different watches

But if I had to make a choice, it would be the Omega

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 pm

. . . . really would like to own an Omega. But I have never seen a Sinn in real life. Without seeing one live .. . . . . cannot make a fair call on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm going to go against the grain here and vote Sinn. This will draw Jeffs ire, as we've argued about this before, but like Alan mentioned, the PO seemed very thin to me as well. I can't dispute Jeff's measurements as he has owned both. I also thought it was light. I don't know man, just seemed somehow fragile to me. Please note, I do not own one, but have worn and handled my friend's. On the other hand, it has been pointed out to me that the dial design of the U1 becomes boring after just a short time. Things to consider.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 am

I would say the Planet Ocean ! Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_biggrin It's sporty and classy with an orange bezel
too. What would be nice, is if they had a PO with that Titanium/Bead blasted
type finish that is on the Sinn ! It's a REALLY tough choice though !

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:35 am

Both are on my "list" for this year at least one of the two.
If price was not a factor I'd go Omega Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 am

hmmm, ok, let's try and throw this out there. Pretend in your mind that James Bond wore a Sinn instead of an Omega in QoS. Would this change your mind? I have to admit, I was all gung-ho on the PO for awhile, but the more I look at it, the thrill isn't there. I think I'd have to try it on and see what it's like. The U1 looks great every time I see it in pics. I'm more of a Diver fan anyway even though I'm not a Diver (go figure).
I agree that the PO would definitely wear better in my work atmosphere, but I'm a bit of a rebel there as well and would not hesitate to wear a U1 in a suit.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:58 am

WatchNoob wrote:
hmmm, ok, let's try and throw this out there. Pretend in your mind that James Bond wore a Sinn instead of an Omega in QoS. Would this change your mind? I have to admit, I was all gung-ho on the PO for awhile, but the more I look at it, the thrill isn't there. I think I'd have to try it on and see what it's like. The U1 looks great every time I see it in pics. I'm more of a Diver fan anyway even though I'm not a Diver (go figure).
I agree that the PO would definitely wear better in my work atmosphere, but I'm a bit of a rebel there as well and would not hesitate to wear a U1 in a suit.

You are making a REALLY good point Mr. Noob ! Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_smile The Sinn is much more rough and tough
looking. The U1 probably would fit into most of our collections much better. The Omega factor
is a BIG one it seems. Just knowing you have an Omega like any other great watch is something
to be happy about and enjoy. Still when I look at my watches, most of them are closer to the feel
of the U1 ! Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_eek Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_biggrin So really the U1 IS more like what I would get. Boy oh boy you are good
Mr. Noob...Impressive, most impressive ! Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Suspect I am looking forward to James Bond wearing his
Sinn now too ! Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 am

I've got the Sinn and you're not going to find anything like it (unless alpha gets busy) Tough call because i would buy both used so there wouldnt be a huge price difference, i'm sure the sinn holds its value a little better but that might be because of the lower list price! I was really after a PO but since i scored the sinn not so much!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 am

Don't own either, can't afford either...so my choice is THE CROTON ROULETTE!!!!
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 am

I have lusted over both and still do but for me it would be the Sinn.
Id really have to see one in person though. Tomorrow it might be the PO. Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 am

I would want to see both before I bought but I would go PO right off. I guess because of brand recognition that has nothing to do with 007.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:14 am

It would be the U1 for me. Dont trust the coaxial movements of the PO Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Suspect Besides, the dial on the U1 is just plain awesome! Submariner steel too, how cool is that!
The U1 is simply more unique imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:29 am

Both are favorite grails of mine (yeah, I said it, effin grails!) but I would go for the U1 over the PO. The Sinn is flat out cool as hell; those hands and that dial are one of the coolest looks out there. While I really like the Omega it is not as unique as the U1.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 am

im gonna catch shit fot this but when i went to try on a PO a while back to hopefully buy one, I was a bit put off by how "cheap" the bracelet felt to me.....I feel for me the U1 is certainly more something I want soooo bad......I got my paypal acct funded and waiting for either a u1 or a Ball Hydrocarbon Chrono or Alligator to pop up somewhere on a deal......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am

Rambam wrote:
It would be the U1 for me. Dont trust the coaxial movements of the PO Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Suspect Besides, the dial on the U1 is just plain awesome! Submariner steel too, how cool is that!
The U1 is simply more unique imo.

Great point Kenneth if i bought a used PO it would be the model before the coaxial, just not sold on it and the more service invovled in keeping it running at accaptable rates!! the idea is over 200 years old but george daniels has made changes to it in the last 30 years but never could find a buyer for it (if you see most pics of george he is wearing a rolex he converted over to co-axial) all the big boys turned him down and it was never proven to be anymore reliable than the standard movement! Finally omega bit and hard and now its in almost all their watches! Think i would rather have one with a great track record, give me the 1120!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

I thought all PO's had the coaxial movement. Never heard of one that didn't.
Mine keeps excellent time and has been problem free for 2 1/2 years.
(knock on wood)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:58 am

I would go for the PO...my only reasoning is that dad has a Speedmaster and sometimes he can be really hard on a watch and the Omega has really held up well for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?   Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head to Head choice Sinn U1 or Omega PO?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next