The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New 8 head winder!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:36 am

I just received my prize from a contest that I won a few weeks ago, an SWI 8 head winder! This thing is sweet! The features are incredible. It's got 8 individual watch heads, 3 settings for the number of daily rotations and 3 setteings for direction, C< CCW, Both. The real neat thing about this winder is that EACH head has these seperate rotation settings and direction settings so you can truely customize your winding for EACH watch. I never win anything in contests so this was a real suprise!

New 8 head winder! Winder
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 am

sheraortho wrote:
I just received my prize from a contest that I won a few weeks ago, an SWI 8 head winder! This thing is sweet! The features are incredible. It's got 8 individual watch heads, 3 settings for the number of daily rotations and 3 setteings for direction, C< CCW, Both. The real neat thing about this winder is that EACH head has these seperate rotation settings and direction settings so you can truely customize your winding for EACH watch. I never win anything in contests so this was a real suprise!

Congratulations, very impressive! What contest did you win?
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

Docrwm wrote:
sheraortho wrote:

Congratulations, very impressive! What contest did you win?

It was a contest on another forum that a few here frequent, WatchFreeks. Nice group of guys over there too.
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am

Congratulations again. Gee with 8 watches on the thing you should have all your bases covered. I wonder how loud it is with all 8 going? My 4 place was ok noisewise but doubling it would have been too much. Yours looks good, has individual settings, etc.

Lets see some pics of that baby filled up! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:03 am

Very nice and with all those different adjustments I bet that thing was NOT cheap!

Congratulations!

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:08 am

sheraortho wrote:

First of all, didn't you just win a freakin trip to Hawaii??? OK Mr I Never Win Anything!!!! As for the winder, I own the 6 slot winder and it's awesome. But heed this warning...DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT think it will wind heavy watches like SAN III, SAS, etc. Heavy watches put extreme stress on the gears and shaft. I sent the winder back twice because of it. Since not putting heavy watches in there I've had no problem at all. Congratz on the win Bro!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 am

Duff...

If you lay the case on its back, instead of standing it vertically, would that help the gear turning?

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 am

I tried that. Lying it on it's back doesn't allow gravity to pull down on the rotor, hence it doesn't wind it sufficiently. They have to be at around a 60 degree angle from my experience. Maybe someone with more experience could either confirm or clarify this.
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Duff is right. Flat winders generally just don't cut it for most autos. The angle can vary a bit but if its not 45 degrees or more you're likely to run into problems with many watches. It's why most winders have slanted attachment points. Older models that run constantly do better when they are not at an angle but they put a LOT of wear on the watch itself from the constant motion. Better to get one that's set at an angle or to prop it up so that its at an angle for the watch.

Don't use winders any more because of this and other issues. That one is very nice and am very happy for sheraortho.
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Congrats Big B!! I've got this model in the six watch and i lay it on its side! Works well for the lighter watches, i know they had a ton of problems(first series) with these and hope it works great for you B!! At the moment i'm only running 4 heads becasue two are so loud i cant sleep,and for some crazy reason they seem to run a little less loud in CCW! Cool gift from James and his crew!!Note: I've also got a 6 head wooden winder from SWI and only 5 of the heads are working, these winders look like models from the company that sale them for thousands of dollars but at their price point they just dont run like them! If you dont lke it standing up like the picture just tip it over to it's side, makes it easier to open the case, just remember the watches are looking at you not the ceiling!!!

Here is a pic of one of my SWI 5 head and one just sits and looks nice winder!

New 8 head winder! 100_1505
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Holy Zamboni !!! New 8 head winder! Icon_cyclops New 8 head winder! Icon_biggrin CONGRATULATIONS to you Brian..This is ONE astonishingly nice
winder. You can see the quality of it, and it's quite big also. Your watches should fit nicely
in there, while at the same time looking good too ! Yowza THIS is COOL !!! New 8 head winder! Icon_cool ..Your's is
GREAT as well Trev !!!

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

You know, as far as to the noise of it, there is NONE. I can't believe it but it is silent! The only thing that bothers me is that each head has a green flashing light indicating when the head is turning and when it isn't. When it isn't turning the light blinks. Now imagine that with 8 of those puppies. It looks like something out of Star Wars at night!
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
sheraortho wrote:

First of all, didn't you just win a freakin trip to Hawaii??? OK Mr I Never Win Anything!!!! As for the winder, I own the 6 slot winder and it's awesome. But heed this warning...DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT think it will wind heavy watches like SAN III, SAS, etc. Heavy watches put extreme stress on the gears and shaft. I sent the winder back twice because of it. Since not putting heavy watches in there I've had no problem at all. Congratz on the win Bro!

Well, I don't think I'm gonna get any more watches that are as heavy as the SAN. Also, I do not ever win anything when it comes to contests and raffels and the like. I did win the trip to Hawaii but that was for selling not by putting my name into a hat. New 8 head winder! Affraid Whenever I put my name into a hat for a contest, I never get picked until this baby!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:31 pm

haven't you won 2 times on Freeks now?
Mr Lucky we have to start calling you !
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

As far as stress being put on the rotor motors, this one looks as if it could lay flat, and doesn't have to be upright as shown in the photo, or are the connections on the back, as this photo is set?
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:51 pm

i put my seiko's in mine.. might be a doxa too, none off the heavy pieces.

New 8 head winder! 004-4

New 8 head winder! 003-9

Also put black tape on all the green lights, they blink and it looks like an airport at night!!

New 8 head winder! 001-8
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 am

Trevor, that is a great idea for the blinking green lights! They are obnoxious to say the least!
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:33 am

TVDinner wrote:

Well...... yea there was the really nice Zodiac and the Pro Diver that I won at WatchFreeks.
Besides being a great forum, WatchFreeks actually has been good to me in the prize department!! New 8 head winder! Icon_cheers New 8 head winder! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 pm

sheraortho wrote:
TVDinner wrote:

Well...... yea there was the really nice Zodiac and the Pro Diver that I won at WatchFreeks.
Besides being a great forum, WatchFreeks actually has been good to me in the prize department!! New 8 head winder! Icon_cheers New 8 head winder! Icon_cheers

"I NEVER WIN ANYTHING!" Summabeechin FIBBER!!!!!!!! I'm done feelin sorry for you ya BIG WIENER....er that is BIG WINNER!!!! Funny how changing one letter in a word gives it NEW MEANING!!!!
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Dude, congrats on this cool winder! Very nice Brian, you deserve it bro
Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
Dude, congrats on this cool winder! Very nice Brian, you deserve it bro
THanks Ron, I really do appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New 8 head winder! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 8 head winder!   New 8 head winder! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 8 head winder!
Page 1 of 1