The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Winder help!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Need Winder help! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:08 pm

ericf4 wrote:

Ive used the finger method all the way til now!!!

My girlfriend says the finger method is very overrated.

Sorry...but you didn't think you could leave that door open without anyone walking through it, did you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm

AH has a great point; the angle, or lack there of, will prevent the winder from working with some models. I bought one from ebay that had a similar problem. Also arrived with that god-awful smell you mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

Ive used the finger method all the way til now!!!

My girlfriend says the finger method is very overrated.

I Know.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm

cski wrote:
AH has a great point; the angle, or lack there of, will prevent the winder from working with some models. I bought one from ebay that had a similar problem. Also arrived with that god-awful smell you mentioned.

Since my watches are basically 2824s, 2894s, SW200s. 7750s i hope it will wind them as they are fairly common engines...just some have been tweaked such as the Anonimos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 am

Eric,

How is the winder doing with your watches now that you've had more time to see its effects?
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:44 am

still trying to keep an eye on it. Seems its keeping them wound, only one still to figure out is my ANonimo Wayfarer PW and GMT. Seems it not keepin it wound. Also its quirky in that some of the programs seem to work perfect while others perhaps not as far as rest periods and going according to stated program. SOrt of hit or miss....IHard to articulate really.I got 30 days so well see. As a place to store my watches, I love it for sure, looks great even with imperfections. That said i bought it primarily for storage but also to wind.....If the winding piece doesnt end up working out for me I guess back it will have to go.

As of today though its done well on my 7750s (SAN3, BALL etc), fine on my breitling (B17 i think), CHase durer cloud chaser(S200), Anonimo Polluce (Modified Eta) etc.

I still dont understand which program really to use etc so playing it by ear for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 am

ericf4 wrote:
still trying to keep an eye on it. Seems its keeping them wound, only one still to figure out is my ANonimo Wayfarer PW and GMT. Seems it not keepin it wound. Also its quirky in that some of the programs seem to work perfect while others perhaps not as far as rest periods and going according to stated program. SOrt of hit or miss....IHard to articulate really.I got 30 days so well see. As a place to store my watches, I love it for sure, looks great even with imperfections. That said i bought it primarily for storage but also to wind.....If the winding piece doesnt end up working out for me I guess back it will have to go.

As of today though its done well on my 7750s (SAN3, BALL etc), fine on my breitling (B17 i think), CHase durer cloud chaser(S200), Anonimo Polluce (Modified Eta) etc.

I still dont understand which program really to use etc so playing it by ear for now.

Glad that its working for some and you're trial and error approach is getting you closer to having it work for all of them. Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:42 pm

I've worn the winding gears out of 3 2824 by just giving them 12 turns a night, keep all my auto's on winders now! dont think the screwing and unscrewing of the crown all the time is good for the watch, puts alot of pressure on the stem with all the pushing and pulling to set the time and date! only had problems with the swiss eta 2824, used to hand wind all my miyotos and never had a problem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: how winders work   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm

I just finished a video and a very long post about winders,direct winding,autowinding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 pm

great video sean!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Great info Sean. Now maybe you can help Eric figure out how to keep his watches fully wound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Winder help!   Need Winder help! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Winder help!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2