The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Flood Control"

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Just curious, what is this "Flood Control" that pops up sometimes when you try to post?
Why would it be active when only one or two people are on the boards?
Why does it erase your sig line and photo when you've waited the requested 30 seconds to try again?
I'm not a computer geek, so I really have no idea; I'm just trying to learn something new today.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 pm

porschefan wrote:
Just curious, what is this "Flood Control" that pops up sometimes when you try to post?
Why does it erase your sig line and photo when you've waited the requested 30 seconds to try again?
I'm not a computer geek, so I really have no idea; I'm just trying to learn something new today.
Stop your bitchin' Tim or we'll turn yours up to 35 seconds.... "Flood Control" Icon_twisted

To answer your question...It was one of the default settings that was selected when the forum was setup. I believe that it can be changed. I will do some poking around and talk with Alan & Ron about changing it to a lower timeframe.

Senior Associate
Anomaly

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:28 am

andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Stop your bitchin' Tim or we'll turn yours up to 35 seconds.... "Flood Control" Icon_twisted

To answer your question...It was one of the default settings that was selected when the forum was setup. I believe that it can be changed. I will do some poking around and talk with Alan & Ron about changing it to a lower timeframe.

I've NEVER seen that come up...hmmmm "Flood Control" Icon_scratch

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:43 am

Don't do anything special for me, Mark. The 30 seconds isn't the question. "Flood Control" Icon_bounce

What about the other questions? "Flood Control" Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:46 am

I believe it happens when your trying to post at the same time someone else is and also if you post and go and revise immediately it pops up and lets you know to wait 35 seconds. Its happened to me a few times.
Back to top Go down

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 am

jackprime1 wrote:
I believe it happens when your trying to post at the same time someone else is and also if you post and go and revise immediately it pops up and lets you know to wait 35 seconds. Its happened to me a few times.

When that has happened, it'll tell me someone else is posting. This will literally happen when I've been here alone, or at least the only one showing up in "who's online."
Maybe I'm a step away from visiting here:
"Flood Control" Welcome%20Crop%204

"Flood Control" Icon_lol

I'm not bitching, Mark... I'm trying to learn, maybe I'll be able to answer that question of someone else, and it will get me employed again. "Flood Control" Icon_rolleyes

Last edited by porschefan on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:50 am

porschefan wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:

When that has happened, it'll tell me someone else is posting. This will literally happen when I've been here alone, or at least the only one showing up in "who's online."
Maybe I'm a step away from visiting here:
"Flood Control" Welcome%20Crop%204

"Flood Control" Icon_lol

When it happens to you did you post right before that popped up? The program wants you to wait 35 seconds before you post again.
Back to top Go down

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 am

Not sure on the timing, Jack. I'll watch that sometime.

So, why does it erase your sig? (yeah, I know, I'm like a 5 year old)
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:54 am

porschefan wrote:

Got me on that one...Have no clue as to why it would do that. Hopefully this can be figured out. maybe a glitch.
Back to top Go down

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 am

jackprime1 wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Got me on that one...Have no clue as to why it would do that. Hopefully this can be figured out. maybe a glitch.

Haaa, don't worry over it. No biggie, just wondering.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 am

porschefan wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Haaa, don't worry over it. No biggie, just wondering.

oki doki...sorry I couldn't help you out on this one.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 am

Try typing as slow as I do-it works for me. "Flood Control" 71883
Back to top Go down

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:45 am

merichar wrote:
Try typing as slow as I do-it works for me. "Flood Control" 71883

I probably already do that, Mark.

"Flood Control" 91387 "Flood Control" 576327
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:45 am

Tim, I've seen the "flood control" as well ! "Flood Control" Icon_biggrin It also
took my signature away on a few occasions ! "Flood Control" Icon_eek "Flood Control" Icon_cheers
Not sure where it went either ! "Flood Control" Suspect "Flood Control" Icon_smile

Senior Associate
jaw

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:52 am

Happens to me too
Whenever I try to edit/save a post too soon after original save.
Don't use a signature so I've never seen that behavior.
Back to top Go down

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:13 am

Go into the acp to post settings and change the flood interval to 5 seconds.Then if any member still gets the flood warning, go into their permissions
and add the ignore flood button. Theres not enough traffic on this site to have the flood limit set any higher.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:06 am

yamahaki wrote:
Go into the acp to post settings and change the flood interval to 5 seconds.Then if any member still gets the flood warning, go into their permissions
and add the ignore flood button. Theres not enough traffic on this site to have the flood limit set any higher.

Ill look into that right now!

**I just checked, flood control is set at the MINIMUM of 10 seconds...

No where to ignore flood control though...

Type slower Porsche, you post ho! "Flood Control" 744742

"Flood Control" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flood Control"   "Flood Control" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Flood Control"
Page 1 of 1