The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Had a visit today from .....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Had a visit today from ..... Empty
PostSubject: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:34 pm

....this guy.

Had a visit today from ..... Picture21

seems he brought me this..
Had a visit today from ..... Dsc07810

What could it be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:36 pm

OH MAN!!!! UNVEIL THAT BAD BOY ROBERT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:50 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
OH MAN!!!! UNVEIL THAT BAD BOY ROBERT!!!!!

Your wish is my command. Just got home about an hour ago, put the children to bed, and have had a minute to sit down and look myself.

Had a visit today from ..... DSC07880

Bernhardt Globemaster GMT Black & Red

Apparently a very few of these with Red GMT & Seconds hands were made in the batch of 500 all black and the Blue & Orange Globemaster GMTs. I got this one, literally, off Fred's wrist.

Had a visit today from ..... DSC07892
Had a visit today from ..... DSC07886
Had a visit today from ..... DSC07896
Had a visit today from ..... Globe210
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:16 pm

That's a great looking watch DOCRWM!

They have the most unique GMT hand I have ever seen!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Anomaly on Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Anomaly wrote:
That's a great looking watch DOCRWM!

The have the most unique GMT hand I have ever seen!

Enjoy!

Thanks. It was looking for your new watch that led me to this....so thanks Had a visit today from ..... 803574 I really like the red GMT skeleton hand. Doesn't dominate the dial like red can, but its easy to pick up on the dial too (which the silver just wasn't in any of the pictures). Great size, solid, solid, solid feeling and the bracelet is also very solid. Triple time zone feature is also a nice touch with the rotating bezel, GMT hand, and main hand sets.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Was thinking you might have been getting this one Doc ! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers
You DEFINITELY hit a Grand Slam with this Bernhardt imho.
I mean the fit and finish looks OUTSTANDING, just by what
your pictures are showing ! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_smile Looks like they put alot of
care into designing these watches. Top of the line dial,
hands, case, bracelet, and even PACKAGING ! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_eek Had a visit today from ..... 46145
The GMT hand is something else too ! Wow ! REAL nice
pick up with this !..Congratulations, and I know you will
be enjoying it !

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:24 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Was thinking you might have been getting this one Doc ! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers
your pictures are showing ! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_smile Looks like they put alot of
hands, case, bracelet, and even PACKAGING ! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_eek Had a visit today from ..... 46145
be enjoying it !

Thanks. The wooden box is really nice IMHO. Not large, not fancy but the fit on it is TIGHT and it seems to be just right for the watch. Hand numbered certificate for the LE. Instructions. And best of all - wearable straight out of the box because the bracelet is MAN Sized!! cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Docrwm wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
be enjoying it !

Thanks. The wooden box is really nice IMHO. Not large, not fancy but the fit on it is TIGHT and it seems to be just right for the watch. Hand numbered certificate for the LE. Instructions. And best of all - wearable straight out of the box because the bracelet is MAN Sized!! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers

Terrific stuff Doc !!! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_biggrin Bernhardt evidently really knows how to do things right ! It's GREAT
when things work out SO well like this !..ENJOY !!!

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Congrats doc,thats a good size for a gmt.Freds pretty cool selling you his own watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Nice Robert, I keep staring at a Blue/Orange version...

Had a visit today from ..... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Thanks guys. Yes, Fred put a new bracelet on it (plastic and all), new date on the warranty, packed it all up in the nice wooden box and popped it into the mail to me on Monday. Arrived this morning via USPS - not too shabby! cheers

I appreciated Fred selling me his personal watch, as I really only wanted the red & black model.

Had a visit today from ..... Georgia-bulldog-black-logo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:00 pm

...the bulldog sitting on the ice bag... nice watch for football games, Doc. Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:15 pm

nice watch! the finish is done well. I really like the 24hr on the dial and bezel, something about a GMT bezel that looks so good.
great pics as always, enjoy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Great score, Doc! ENjoy it.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Sharp looking watch I had'nt seen before. Looks like nice lume and a unique GMT hand design. Congratulations Doc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks guys. Lume is mediocre honestly. Everything else seems to be top flight though so its a relatively minor issue. How can he sell these at $399?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Thanks guys. Lume is mediocre honestly. Everything else seems to be top flight though so its a relatively minor issue. How can he sell these at $399?

You got a deal... website says $449. And that ain't bad...
\http://www.bernhardtwatch.com/globemaster.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:57 pm

porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

You got a deal... website says $449. And that ain't bad...
\http://www.bernhardtwatch.com/globemaster.html

Oh, he has sales all the time. Truth be told, since this came straight off his wrist I paid a bit less than $399 (and he threw in a brand spanking new HEAVY bracelet too). Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:01 am

Perhaps it's time to buy.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:37 am

Was not paying to much attention to this watch before I saw your model Doc...........Very nice indeed. Congrats and enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:28 am

. . . great choice Doc. Bernhardt is a really nice watch. I could'nt be happier with mine, and I would like to add the Globemaster to the mix. I thought I was settled on the Blue & orange . . . but now I really like the black with the red accents . . . Had a visit today from ..... Icon_scratch . . . choices,choices.

. . . happy for your score!!!!! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:54 am

Nice score Robert!! Bernhardt watches are first rate Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers .

Had a visit today from ..... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:30 am

wagon wrote:
. . . great choice Doc. Bernhardt is a really nice watch. I could'nt be happier with mine, and I would like to add the Globemaster to the mix. I thought I was settled on the Blue & orange . . . but now I really like the black with the red accents . . . Had a visit today from ..... Icon_scratch . . . choices,choices.

. . . happy for your score!!!!! Had a visit today from ..... Icon_cheers

Thanks, but you'll have to settle for used if you want Black with Red. All Black and Blue & Orange are still for sale new.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:01 am

Now UGA on ice makes so much sense!

My brother graduated from UGA!

I went my freshman year there back in '83....oh man, what a PARTY year!

PostSubject: Re: Had a visit today from .....   Had a visit today from ..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had a visit today from .....
Page 1 of 1