The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need G-Shock advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sooner
Associate

I need G-Shock advice Empty
PostSubject: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Don't have one myself and don't know too much about them. But when my wife asked me today to find her a good digital watch she can use to time herself when she runs, I figured a G-Shock has to be the answer.

But then I did some online shopping, and it appears they make about a gazillion different models! Too much work. So I'm hoping some of you G-Shock collectors might be able to point me in the right direction. It doesn't have to be a girl-sized watch, she likes 'em big, but it shouldn't make her look like Rambo either.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Brian D has more than anyone...

...he will chime in soon I am sure!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:10 pm

I don't have one either Sooner ! ..However, looked around and found that the
Baby-G might be a good choice ! I need G-Shock advice Icon_smile Here are some links to where you can find
some of them..

Hopefully these help you out !

http://www.bluedial.com/casio-watch-ladies.htm

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/CasioBabyG.asp

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_5?url=search-alias%3Dwatches&field-keywords=baby+g+shock+watches+women&sprefix=baby+

http://www.baby-g.com/products/

Associate

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks, Tom. Looks like there's black Baby G that might be a good choice size wise (she won't go for the girly pink versions). I'll wait to see if Brian D chimes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:50 pm

If she is looking for something for running she will want one where the buttons are fairly easy to push. A nice one is the G-2310R-1. One of their tough solar models and the one that all other solar models are judged by. World time 31 time zones with 48 cities + UTC, 4 daily alarms with 1 snooze and a hourly time signal. And of course it does have a STW feature on it. The best thing is it being a solar model so no batteries to worry about. Link is for nywatchstore and a full list of the features:

http://www.nywatchstore.com/g2310r1.html

I've had good luck with them but I hear that sometimes they may not have the watch in stock so you may want to email them to make sure it is in stock. Any other questions feel free to ask I need G-Shock advice 803574 .
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:30 am

sooner wrote:
Thanks, Tom. Looks like there's black Baby G that might be a good choice size wise (she won't go for the girly pink versions). I'll wait to see if Brian D chimes in.

You're welcome sir ! ..There really IS ALOT out there ! I need G-Shock advice Icon_eek ..I'm sure Brian's
choice is perfect to be honest ! ..Good luck ! I need G-Shock advice Icon_smile

Associate

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks, guys, I'll investigate those two models. I'm sure one of them will do the job. I appreciate you saving me the time of sorting through the many G offerings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need G-Shock advice   I need G-Shock advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need G-Shock advice
Page 1 of 1