The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

you know what you wont find at xmt's??

Go down 
+9
smellody
jaw
AtomicTom
Noisy Nova
andrema
Anomaly
sixtysix
barnbuilder
TAZMAN64
13 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Empty
PostSubject: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:31 am

NEGATIVITY!!!!! thats why this is the forum i choose to call home. at xmt's no one cares what brands you buy as long as your happy with it and im happy for you. ive tried a lot of other forums and on some all you hear is crap talk about invicta, j.s., m.d., eyal ect. that shit get real old real fast with me. on other forums you run in to the high dollar watch snobs, and on others you run in to what i call the reverse whatch snob where if you by a big name brand or spend over $500.00 your a idiot!! i guess what im trying to say is alan you have the forum you set out to build and its awesome!!!!! thanks for sticking to your guns, this is a great watch forum. steve
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:42 am

well said Steve!

Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:05 am

I agree with Steve.....nice forum! Very Happy

you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:38 am

steve, i want your new breitling! I'm one of those jealous types you just mentioned;-)
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks so much Steve!

You just described exactly what I have always wanted XMT to be!

I am proud and honored you call XMT your watch HOME!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 am

cali kid wrote:
steve, i want your new breitling! I'm one of those jealous types you just mentioned;-)
+1...beautiful watch, over $500, but I won't hold that against you!! Wink

Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 am

It's true!
More than $50 for an automatic 200m diver,
or more than $10 for any quartz,
and you ARE an idiot.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:34 pm

This is one of those EPIC Super posts that should go into the Legendary Watch Forum Post
Hall of Fame ! Very Happy ..Not sure if there is one of those, but there should be ! cheers ..You really
covered everything, and I think it's easy to see that this is genuinely why people call you
Taz Terrific. you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 803574 Just really couldn't agree more with everything that you said above sir.
It was right on target, as well as VERY NICE ! ..In the end, we are unbelievably fortunate
that we all share a passion for this hobby, and even more fortunate to get the opportunity
to enjoy it with eachother. Kind of hard to imagine this hobby now, without getting the
chance to talk with friends about it. It REALLY is AWESOME and so is XMT along with
those behind it like Alan, Ron, and ALL of the TERRIFIC members like Steve ! THANKS SO
MUCH EVERYONE ! you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 46145

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:02 pm

andrema wrote:
cali kid wrote:

I think i'm pretty much an idiot so it works for me! geek
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:21 pm

When I first joined XMT about 1 year ago I was shocked at the raw, ice cold - and yes - extreme commentary. That was pretty entertaining for a while, but eventually it settled down, and I'm glad it did.

I do however, confess a need for raw drama and controversy on a fairly regular basis (to a point). Also glad to know where to go for that.

So, I remain an XMT member and consider it my home forum for the people, the watches, and what it has become.

There's plenty of internet for every indulgence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:23 pm

I know I'm kind of new here but............................

I'd say the o.p. pretty much covers it.
I don't want/need any drama.
Let's just talk about watches.
From the cheapies on up to the not so cheapies.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 pm

What they have all said!
you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544 you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544 you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544 you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544 you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544 you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544 you know what you wont find at xmt's?? 196544
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm

cali kid wrote:
andrema wrote:
cali kid wrote:

I think i'm pretty much an idiot so it works for me! geek
LOL, im on both sides a idiot and some dont like my other watches especialy the rgm, it just dosent get much respect at someplaces. LOL, but i dont give a shyte. i like it. as far as my breitling im gonna be taken it to the grave!!!!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Agree with Tazman64, 100%. I don't mind criticism but the "bashing" of a brand or even an entire forum at other places just gets old...
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am

jaw wrote:
When I first joined XMT about 1 year ago I was shocked at the raw, ice cold - and yes - extreme commentary. That was pretty entertaining for a while, but eventually it settled down, and I'm glad it did.

I do however, confess a need for raw drama and controversy on a fairly regular basis (to a point). Also glad to know where to go for that.

So, I remain an XMT member and consider it my home forum for the people, the watches, and what it has become.

There's plenty of internet for every indulgence.

Thats pretty much how I feel about it. I belong to several forums and they all give me something different. If we did'nt want variety why do we all have so damn many watches?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am

Marks is right on with this matter, the only thing you need to remember is who's house you're in. Live by the rules set by the forum and everything will be awesome! We all know we've got different spots for different needs and always respect Xmt or any forum for that matter like they are inviting you into their house!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 am

I'd like to add to this,
One thing I really like is that Alan and Mods do not Edit posts when things do get steamy like on Watchfreeks.

Also, most members here self moderate in general, and there aren't alot of "thread killing" members like on Watchgeeks.

For that, I congratulate the XMT Team and it's members. You have really established yourselves uniquely in the Watch Forum world.
I'm sure XMT will be around for a long time.

I like to call Watchlords my home forum though. I have learned more there in the short time that I've been a member, than I have in the 5 years that I've been on Watch Forums.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:17 am

cali kid wrote:
Marks is right on with this matter, the only thing you need to remember is who's house you're in. Live by the rules set by the forum and everything will be awesome! We all know we've got different spots for different needs and always respect Xmt or any forum for that matter like they are inviting you into their house!

+1 and well said.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread...

I appreciate every member's STYLE and INPUT here...

Are we the largest watch site on the net? Heck no...

Are we the most down to earth, WATCH centered site without a lot of xtra frills and drama? YOU BETCHA!

Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Well said. Great post. I don't have time for all that hating and drama.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you know what you wont find at xmt's??   you know what you wont find at xmt's?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you know what you wont find at xmt's??
Page 1 of 1