The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Empty
PostSubject: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm

I had some time the other day...so I turned this:

A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... DSC00175

Into this...with some slight and some major modifications as well as a bit of effort sprinkled in!
A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... DSC00184
A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... DSC00180

Only one will survive, with the rest to be sold off...but, there will be more projects in the coming weeks as I have 3 more incoming as I type this...plus the H601 that arrived last week!

A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... H601

There are a few more to be completed...coming soon!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh NICE Mark ! A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... 803574 Now your fleet of Seikos is complete. Wow !!! I like how you basically
have a different color for just about every day of the week right here. cheers The new yellow
model you just made fits right in, and it's just fantastic seeing how good you have gotten
at building your own watches like this. You make it look easy! Thanks very very much for
showing us this, and congrats TOO ! Very Happy

By the way Mark, congratulations ahead of time on that Sawtooth Seiko there. Is that by
chance the "Arnold" or "Arnie" Diver that was worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando?!

In any case, Congratulations to you !!!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:54 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
By the way Mark, congratulations ahead of time on that Sawtooth Seiko there. Is that by
chance the "Arnold" or "Arnie" Diver that was worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando?!

Thanks for the kind words Tom!

The Seiko that is shown at the bottom is a Seiko Sport Diver from the 80's. It is the brother to the H558, which is better known as the "Arnold" watch. These shrouded watches H558/H601 have been in several of Schwarzenegger's movies...here is a good thread on them: http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/40970.htm

I really like the watch and will be restoring it soon! I have a new aluminum replacement shroud being built right now as well as a new crystal and bezel insert on order!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm

andrema wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks for the kind words Tom!

The Seiko that is shown at the bottom is a Seiko Sport Diver from the 80's. It is the brother to the H558, which is better known as the "Arnold" watch. These shrouded watches H558/H601 have been in several of Schwarzenegger's movies...here is a good thread on them: http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/40970.htm

I really like the watch and will be restoring it soon! I have a new aluminum replacement shroud being built right now as well as a new crystal and bezel insert on order!

Always learning something new Mark. Thanks ! Didn't really know much about these. The different versions, or that
they were so famous to be honest. Great stuff !!! Smile

Thanks again ! Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. ..Good luck !

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 am

cool set of Seikos Mark!
I have a left over 6309 case from another project for a friend that I need need to get busy with and mod.
your work has inspired me, great job!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks Ron!

You inspire me with your builds of flieger watches with Hamilton movements...love them! I'll have to discuss ith you sometime soon!

PostSubject: Re: A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...   A pile of Seikos and nothing to do... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A pile of Seikos and nothing to do...
Page 1 of 1