The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "Price" of Collecting Watches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

The "Price" of Collecting Watches Empty
PostSubject: The "Price" of Collecting Watches   The "Price" of Collecting Watches Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Hey everybody !...Did you ever notice how the pricing on watches is so varied ? You can get a Swiss automatic watch from one company like Hamilton for hundreds of dollars, but another company like Omega might charge thousands of dollars ! This analogy may also include quartz watches too, most are usually very affordable, while some companies may charge over $1000 ! This comparison can be seen in various companies from big to small. Just intersted in your thoughts ! Are some companies that good, or does their "name" inflate the price of the watch at all ? Smile
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The "Price" of Collecting Watches   The "Price" of Collecting Watches Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Good points guys ! None of my watches have broken the $300 price point yet ! I also don't have a Swiss automatic..I just thought it was kind of interesting seeing all of the price points on similar watches out there !
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The "Price" of Collecting Watches   The "Price" of Collecting Watches Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:22 am

Great information and feedback ! So it's basically a quality thing..with modification of movements, taking them apart, and adding overall better parts ! Very insightful..now if someone asks me about differences in price on watches and movements..I'll have some useful facts to give them ! Thanks guys !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Price" of Collecting Watches   The "Price" of Collecting Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Price" of Collecting Watches
Page 1 of 1