The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Empty
PostSubject: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Beaten, battered and worn, that`s how I like my subs Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 203558
I`ve kinda been on a vintage spree lately, just something about these old watches that gets me all riled up Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_bounce
This Sub is a transitional sub, having the matt dial but with a sapphire crystal along with a quick set date. From what I gather these were only made for a year or so and was bought new at an AD in Oslo in 1982. Probably been worn ever since too from the look of the bracelet. Just back from a full service and is apparantly keeping +1 sec a day.

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival DSC_0359

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival DSC_0386

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival DSC_0384

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival DSC_0400
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Congratulations on your new watch.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Kenneth...you have been on a tear with the new vintage swiss watches lately!! Very Nice!!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Very cool rocker dude!

That NATO looks great on it!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:56 pm

The name is Bond...James Bond.
Very nice - great photos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Kenneth,

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 812159
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Love the matte dial and the pre-white gold around the hour markers with sapphire to boot! Awesome score Kenneth! Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 46145 Miss my old GMT master but not the polywatch or jeweler to polish it up every few months!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Beautiful watch, it looks great in your pictures with just a hint of character on the bracelet. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Looks pretty GREAT to me Kenneth ! Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 803574 Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 803574 Actually seems
to be in good shape for being worn for so long too. NICE deep
black dial, and the case and bracelet look GOOD ! That strap
works nicely as well. It's one cool watch, and the fact that it's
vintage makes it even better ! There really is alot of character
with these ! Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_smile ..An exceptional find and pick-up ! Along with
great pics ! Congrats to you ! Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:04 am

I sure wish I still had my Vintage Sub. Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 831531 Very nice find and great shape as well. I think the bracelet needs a little more break-in to be comfy. Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival 744742

Wear it well.
BJ
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:46 am

Outstanding, Kenneth. Wish I had one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:00 am

That Rollie looks fantastic Kenneth. Seems like DWC has gone on a Rolex Buying Spree! Congratz!!! (SEND DUFF YOUR ROLEX...SEND DUFF YOUR ROLEX...SEND DUFF YOUR ROLEX)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival   Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beaten, battered and worn-New arrival
Page 1 of 1