The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:

Go down 
+6
sixtysix
PoliMalaka
whitebread
ericf4
jaw
Anomaly
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 am

ingoodtime wrote:
To yamahaki and cali kid. Let me say this. While the brands in question may sometimes "resemble" other famous make brands, some styles are completely unique. I myself have grown tired of the many itinerations of a theme on a theme and started to crave some originality, particularly in the Renato line. For both brands, the dials have become far to busy for me and the sizes are ever growing. That said, I still enjoy most of what I purchased. Many favorbale reactions have been expressed and I have had jewelers and layman want to buy one of my Renato watches. Yes, there have been a few that did not like them. If I like having people admire the watches I wear, please excuse me. If anyone doesn't want to be a friend of those that enjoy having their watches admired , let me say this. Maybe you should date some really ugly woman because hey, I know you don't like other guys admiring the person you are with. Or, never buy a new car or clean and wax it because hey, why would you want anyone admiring anything you have or like. Cmon people, let's get real. We all enjoy it when someone admires a watch we picked out. End of that story ok?

Here is an interesting link I found on the internet that speaks about Invicta and it does not seem to be very favorable.

I'll post it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invicta_Watch_Group as some have said, your mileage may vary

You have the look at me attitude.Sorry,thats something people grow out of.
Nothing wrong with owning nice cars either but if you are driving it for attention,again,thats vain.I don't wear a watch or drive a car to get noticed.
You really want to get noticed? go to work wearing just a jockstrap.That ought to do it.

Last edited by yamahaki on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 am

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 588107
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:45 am

I'm constantly amazed when folks say that they have had X, Y, and Z want to buy the watch off their wrist. I've had that happen once in my life and it was a used car salesman who thought he was going to be able to rip me off because I was in college (was wearing by Great-Grandfather's 14k Hamilton at the time - about 34mm BTW). In all the years since, and I have worn a watch nearly ever day, I've only gotten a few comments on my watches. The most recent was when I wore a 45mm and it was compared to "my mother's kitchen clock".

Everyone that wants to talk watches is welcome here. There's no "you like Big watches, well that's for X forum - go there" attitude. On the other hand, don't expect an Amen Chorus from folks here. If you can't take differing opinions and need the reassurance of blind affirmation for your watch choices this is probably not the place. Myself, I try to be nice whenever someone says "Look at my watch" - even if its a Rolex The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Affraid
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:56 am

Has anyone ever heard a story where a stranger offers to buy a watch that is not an Invicta or Renato off of someone's wrist?

Why doesn't this happen to owners of Graham, Eberhardt, Zenith, Corum, etc... (brands chosen for their bold/large designs)
And if it does happen why don't they post these stories?

It just doesn't add up.

But then again these scenarios could be at play.

Different personalities and preferences with regard to posting personal anecdotes?
This just doesn't happen enough?
The brands above are not diamond studded and therefore are not considered jewelery?
Hum...

Maybe another thread on the issue is in order... Please feel free to break this out and create one dearest mods.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 am

Ok...unless there is more commentary on the movement issue and NOT more Invicta FOLKLORE, probably time to let this thread die.

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Ok...unless there is more commentary on the movement issue and NOT more Invicta FOLKLORE, probably time to let this thread die.

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 BeatingA_DeadHorse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 BeatingA_DeadHorse

My point on Monday

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 3283254599_aebf49a858
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 pm

yamahaki wrote:
ingoodtime wrote:
To yamahaki and cali kid. Let me say this. While the brands in question may sometimes "resemble" other famous make brands, some styles are completely unique. I myself have grown tired of the many itinerations of a theme on a theme and started to crave some originality, particularly in the Renato line. For both brands, the dials have become far to busy for me and the sizes are ever growing. That said, I still enjoy most of what I purchased. Many favorbale reactions have been expressed and I have had jewelers and layman want to buy one of my Renato watches. Yes, there have been a few that did not like them. If I like having people admire the watches I wear, please excuse me. If anyone doesn't want to be a friend of those that enjoy having their watches admired , let me say this. Maybe you should date some really ugly woman because hey, I know you don't like other guys admiring the person you are with. Or, never buy a new car or clean and wax it because hey, why would you want anyone admiring anything you have or like. Cmon people, let's get real. We all enjoy it when someone admires a watch we picked out. End of that story ok?

Here is an interesting link I found on the internet that speaks about Invicta and it does not seem to be very favorable.

I'll post it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invicta_Watch_Group as some have said, your mileage may vary

You have the look at me attitude.Sorry,thats something people grow out of.
Nothing wrong with owning nice cars either but if you are driving it for attention,again,thats vain.I don't wear a watch or drive a car to get noticed.
You really want to get noticed? go to work wearing just a jockstrap.That ought to do it.

Whew! Tthanks for that diagnosis.I guess you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and got either your MD or PHD from reading all night. I'd a been stuck wirh the look at me syndrome. Actually, quite glad you don't want to know people like me. Thanks for the favor. Audios Dr yamagucci.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:   The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree: - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Latest Invicta Fiasco and subsequent WG coverup and banning spree:
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3